The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wordpress.wp_1_linkcategories' doesn't exist (5 posts)

1. wmostrey
    Posted 17 years ago #

With each non-default WP theme I try, I get the following error:

WordPress database error: [Table 'wordpress.wp_1_linkcategories' doesn't exist]
    SELECT cat_id, cat_name FROM wp_1_linkcategories

The error always sits in the sidebar.php where it tries to execute the following query:

$link_cats = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT cat_id, cat_name FROM $wpdb->linkcategories");
    foreach ($link_cats as $link_cat) {

How do I fix this? When I copy the sidebar.php from the classic theme for instance, all works great, but it doesn't look like the theme anymore ofcourse. In the faq it says: "In theory a theme could work with WP but not MU, but we've never run into one. So yes, all themes work." How do I fix this?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just replace that bit of code with the list category code from the themes that do work.

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am interested too, to know how the structure of the db has changed were links/blogroll are/is concerned. I am trying to get this plugin to work with wpmu:

http://www.vincentprat.info/wordpress/category/coding/enhanced-links/

its a very nice way to display my blogroll, but it is looking at:

<?php
    global $wpdb;

$link_cats = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT cat_id, cat_name FROM $wpdb->linkcategories");
    foreach ($link_cats as $link_cat) {
    ?>

so it does not work with wpmu...

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

For simple calls like this that are the same in WP, the best place to look is in the codex. (which is currently down *sigh*)

The way it changed was the link categories are no longer in a seperate table. They are stuffed in with the blog categories. no plans to switch it back.

And you've got MU installed; have you actually gone and looked at the db? there's now a wp_*_link2cat

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I got the plugin to work, basically, still finetuning it, I'll post it over here and over at wpmudev.org when finished, thx

About this Topic