The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

new blogger website needs help! (3 posts)

1. raymond3402
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi all, I am installing the wordpress multi blog software on a blog domain. I would like to put together a team to do graphics and design as a fun project. I of course would give the appropriate credit for the work. I want to allow users to have the about me with user profiles and templates that could be used on the site. Since this is a blog site I assume I need authors approval for the themes - templates. I also want to incorporate forums as well as chat program. Any ideas appreciated as well. I basically would have a main site page that would then tell the users how to signup and have details about blogs, etc. Any input appreciated.

Raymond...
    raymond@eranorthwest.com

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm not trying to be rude but it sounds like you are asking people to do work for you for "free". Is this correct?

We have no problem pointing you in the right direction and helping out with bugs. However, you're not going to find many people here willing to do the work for you.

Now, you mentioned that you'd like a forum. I would recommend bbPress which integrates with wpmu quite nicely. You can find more information by searching the forums.

As for the templates, you don't need to have the permission of each author to use their theme on your site as long as you don't try to take credit for the theme yourself. basically keep the theme name and the author info the same and you're good to go.

3. raymond3402
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hey thanks for the input. I will check out bbPress. I don't expect people to do graphics and such for free, was just hoping to get pointed in the right directions. In other words find someone from here or where ever that would be interested in the project. I would love to hear any feedback. Obviously I expected some overhead costs for design and graphics as well as other phases of the site.

Raymond

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by raymond3402
  • Latest reply from raymond3402