The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

how to list all plugins ? (8 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

how can I make a page that lists all available plugins?

For those residing inside plugins folder there is a plugin but how to lsit all those inside mu-plugins?

I would like to show on the blogs main page a page listing all themes (solved via plugin)and one page listing all available plugins.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

There's a method to list all plugins for regular WP blogs, but I do not know if it picks up the mu-plugins folder. Probably not.

Also in the mu-plugins folder there's plugins that aren't really used (like global categories) which would be pointless to list. I'd make a manual list.

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

you're right I will make a manual list. I want to list those plugins too, as soem of them provide useful functions, i.e. I have search-all, wp_ozh_betterfeed, nice-search, impostercide and several other nice plugins in the mu-plugins folder and I would liek to tell subscribers what plugins are active and what they can use.

Regarding the list all plugins, I got hold of this plugin: http://www.viper007bond.com/wordpress-plugins/vipers-plugins-used/

and modifed its output a little bit so it outputs the list using alternating background-colors like you can see here: http://zice.ro/available-plugins/ and in this new version it offers the option to change the outputted description field which I used to comment out all those links which went to my wp-admin panel, so search engine bots would no longer get those nasty errors about not being allwed to follow those links. AND if yo uchange the descriptions you could also include descriptions as how to use the plugin so you get rid of those questions later.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nicely done. :)
    (and I found a few new interesting plugins... hmmm...)

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

@andrea

you said:

There's a method to list all plugins for regular WP blogs

do you think you can try and remember what that functon was called like?

I would really like to list all available plugins, nut just those used...

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I would take a look at the wp-admin/plugins.php code as it's done there.

edit: Looks like get_plugins maybe?

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

just found it :-)
    it looks like it outputs an array, need to play around with it ...

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

One thing you could do it given the array, just hard code the addition of the plugins you have in mu-plugins into the array and sort it afterwards.

About this Topic