The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

"more..." separation breaking formatting (4 posts)

1. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

Am I the only one having the problem that when a user uses the "more..." separation of articles, the closing of open tags on the main page of the blog isn't done properly, resulting in chaos when the user is addicted to text color/size features ?

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

There's a couple hundred threads on the topic over at wp.com. Best bet would be to educate your users which is what we do.

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I may be completely off the road with my suggestions but I use severall plugins which seem to prevent this? Or maybe I did not understand you right, but have a look at these plugins first, they might do what you mean:

(related)
    auto close comment tags: http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/close-comment-tags-plugin-for-wordpress/

http://www.thunderguy.com/semicolon/wordpress/evermore-wordpress-plugin/

I guess this second plugin could help, as it kind-a simulates a more tag...

4. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

ovidiu,
    i don't really get the use of the second plugin you mention, or its interest over simply letting users use "more..." when they want to.
    I doubt it prevent it from happenning because it says if the post contains the more tag it will just use it as normal.
    The problem is if you drop the more tag in something like:

<font color="red"><!--more--></font>

it will display fine in the article page but will make all the remaining of the page red on the blog home page.

drmike, thanks, I'm curious to how such a huge bug hasn't been fixed yet, but I'll have a look at the wp.com discussions on the topic.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "educating the user", but i hope it isn't "go fix it yourself in the html" because this just isn't an option. I hope this gets fixed soon.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by quenting
  • Latest reply from quenting