The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Allow public post new blog entries - MU what I need? (7 posts)

1. jrandomh
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm not sure if MU is what I'm looking for, hopefully someone can help me out here. Do I require a custom solution?

I start a "public" blog at FooBar.com on Topic X. I want people to be able to look at FooBar.com and decide they want to post a story of their own regarding Topic X. So Joe Public posts a new entry without being registered as a user.

Does this require custom implementation or can WP do the job?

What about moderation - can I have it so that Admin approval is required before they're shown?

If user registration is required for WP, can I have them self-register with email validation automatically, without admin input (and access)?

Thanks!
    J. Random Hacker.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

You need a CMS more like phpNuke then a blog actually. Visitors would be able to submit their own stories, articles, what have you and the site admin would approve them and then they would get published on the site.

Individual blog admins can be setup to approve others writing to the the Admin's blog but they need to be added in as users.

self-registering is fine but they would be getting their own blog. To be added into a specific blog within a wpmu site requires the intervention of that specific blog's admin.

hope this helps,
    -drmike

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

yeah, what you are looking for is not something WP or WPMU is designed for.

4. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

i already do this on http://www.muslimstories.com, and i'm using joomla, best CMS in my opinion.

5. Krystian
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm looking for this too. A plugin or any other solution to allow registered and unregistered users to post articles from a normal page within the template (not from the admin section). Articles that users post should be moderated by a moderator before be published. I really need this for my project.

I would like to find more info about the solution for Wordpress before changing to other CMS.

Thanks a lot for any clue.

6. dixyantar
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well ,
    I think its quite possible. I am working on such a thing right now.
    What you need to do is :
    Use a plugin so that when users register , they will be added as authors to all these blogs. Try this is in one of my earlier posts.
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=9269

But the only problem is that .. you will have to allow the users to get into the backend. But you can use some clever plugins to modify the backend..

7. mthondiyil
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Krystian,

Please i want to do the same for my blog. Pelase help me out how to setup from the begining.

Thanks

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by jrandomh
  • Latest reply from mthondiyil