The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Anarchy & Viper Video (38 posts)

1. dspilka
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok, I found a fix for the tooltips not displaying since what's above didn't work for me...

You need to do 2 things (I'm using the anarchyswf one as an example but you'd need to do this for the anarchyvideo folder too):

1) Add the following to the top of anarchy_media/plugins/anarchyswf/editor_plugin.js:
    tinyMCE.settings['language'] = 'en';

2) Rename anarchy_media/plugins/anarchyswf/langs/en_us.js to en.js.

2. mat123slade
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

When copying Anarchy files into mu-plugins, In the plugin menu in the admin, there is no place where it asks me to activate or install this plugin. I'm getting the following message : Couldn’t open plugins directory or there are no plugins available.

And I cannot put any embeds when I type in code... I'm trying to embed videos from my website http://www.JuggleTube.com using the embed code given for each video (a youtube for juggling)!

Any advice would be appreciated.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"In the plugin menu in the admin, there is no place where it asks me to activate or install this plugin. "

There isn't a spot. Did you read the readme or the instructions on the download site?

Go to Write Post. See the fancy buttons? there should be new ones there. THAT's where you paste in code from youtube or whereever (and not just the line youtube gives you)

4. mat123slade
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I'm sorry, yes I had read the readme... but as the buttons weren't showing up (cache problem), I was asking myself questions... It's a nice addon... My main problem is that I am adding the wordpressmu as a functionnality to http://www.JuggleTube.com and unfortunatly this plugin does not support Clip-Share software embedings or links... I'm trying to see if I can find my way around it... Any Clip-Share users around having luck with doing this (www.clip-share.com)

5. mvidac
    Posted 16 years ago #

Seems like everyone is seeing the buttons but me. I've tried everything in all these pages but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Firefox but I've tried checking it out in opera and safari. Nothing. I'm beginning to regret making the switch to MU. There just isn't as much out there for it as regular. It's like all the pc games when you're a mac user!

X(

6. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

mvidac, I'm not sure what the problem is with the player on your install, Anarchy seems to work okay on mine, but just to comment on your statement:

"There just isn't as much out there for it as regular. It's like all the pc games when you're a mac user!"

That's very true. Although, most themes and many normal WP plugins will work with mu, there is no where near as much for mu as the single wp install. If you need a multi-blog platform, then mu is the best out there. But, if you don't really need a multi-blog platform, then there is really no advantage to using mu...and several disadvantages. If you only need a blog (or a few blogs) then the best way to go is with individual installs of wp.

Steve

7. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"I'm using Firefox but I've tried checking it out in opera and safari."

Safari is notorious for not showing any of the RTE buttons.

8. mvidac
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm just about ready to give up. This thing just will not work. I've tried everything I've read here and other places.

Going tie a noose in the end of my rope.

About this Topic