The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

1. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

I just installed MU 1.0 and have followed all of the instructions. However, if I were to click on the "sign up" link, the bottom half of the page (that suppose to show registration form) does not load.

What may be causing this?

2. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just want to make it clear that the header loads up, but not the form and the footer. There is also no error message. Page loading died at one of the function?

3. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

The following section doesn't load. I configured something incorrectly? It does not have anything to do with server setting such as wildcard etc right?

<?php
    function show_blog_form($blog_id = '', $blog_title = '', $errors = '') {
    global $current_site;
    $locale = get_locale();

// Blog name/Username
    if ( $errors->get_error_message('blog_id') )
    print '<tr class="error">';
    else
    print '<tr>';

if( constant( "VHOST" ) == 'no' )
    echo '<th valign="top">' . __('Blog Name:') . '</th><td>';
    else
    echo '<th valign="top">' . __('Blog Domain:') . '</th><td>';

if ( $errmsg = $errors->get_error_message('blog_id') ) {
    ?><?php echo $errmsg ?><?php
    }
    if( constant( "VHOST" ) == 'no' ) {
    print '<span style="font-size: 20px">' . $current_site->domain . $current_site->path . '</span><input name="blog_id" type="text" id="blog_id" value="'.$blog_id.'" maxlength="50" style="width:40%; text-align: left; font-size: 20px;" />
    ';
    } else {
    print '<input name="blog_id" type="text" id="blog_id" value="'.$blog_id.'" maxlength="50" style="width:40%; text-align: right; font-size: 20px;" /><span style="font-size: 20px">.' . $current_site->domain . $current_site->path . '</span>
    ';
    }
    if ( !is_user_logged_in() ) {
    print '(' . __( 'Your address will be ' );
    if( constant( "VHOST" ) == 'no' ) {
    print $current_site->domain . $current_site->path . __( 'blogname' );
    } else {
    print __( 'domain.' ) . $current_site->domain . $current_site->path;
    }
    print '.
    ' . __( 'Must be at least 4 characters, letters and numbers only. It cannot be changed so choose carefully!)' ) . '</td> </tr>';
    }

// Blog Title
    if ( $errors->get_error_message('blog_title')) {
    print '<tr class="error">';
    } else {
    print '<tr>';
    }
    ?>

4. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

After reinstallation. This issue is solved!

5. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

I found this bug kept on re-appearing after I worked on the site a bit. So I repeated re-installations many times to find what exactly is triggering the form to stop loading.

I finally found a very strange bug. When I update banned names field of "Admin --> Options", the bug immediately happen. Even after I removed all banned name, the bug stays there. I have a feeling that the update to the sitemeta table is causing this.

6. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Okay, another update. =)
    The problem is not with the long banned name, but due to the unwanted extra space in between names. haha....

7. heyitsaj
    Posted 17 years ago #

yes this happens if you put too many spaces or have trailing spaces in the banned names... perhaps this could be addressed in an future release.

About this Topic