The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Change "Mr WordPress" (9 posts)

1. roxer82
    Posted 17 years ago #

How can I change the name "Mr WordPress" at the first comment of WordPress MU?
    Thanks in advanced!

2. WPITn2shape
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm wondering this myself.

3. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Those are in the wp-includes/wpmu-function.php file. You may want to spend some time looking at that file. That's where a lot of the special code is.

4. mrjcleaver
    Posted 16 years ago #

If we contribute code to parameterize that file, initially into a config file and later into a control panel item, will our changes get rolled into the distro?

5. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

*shrug* Not a clue. Best bet would be to submit it to trac and let Donncha take a look at it.

Honest answer though - I'd say no. There's already a pair of rewrites in there that have been in there for quite some time. The multipage end user's theme page and I forget the other one.

6. rooler
    Posted 16 years ago #

7. rooler
    Posted 16 years ago #

8. rooler
    Posted 16 years ago #

Find the following lines
    $wpdb->query("INSERT INTO $wpdb->comments (comment_post_ID, comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url, comment_author_IP, comment_date, comment_date_gmt, comment_content) VALUES ('1', '".addslashes(__('Mr WordPress'))."', '', 'http://" . $current_site->domain . $current_site->path . "', '127.0.0.1', '$now', '$now_gmt', '".addslashes(__('Hi, this is a comment.<br />To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts\' comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.'))."')");
    in function install_blog_defaults
    And replace Mr Wordpress with whatever you like,

9. strider72
    Posted 16 years ago #

Here is all the infop you'll ever need: :)

Automating WordPress customizations - the install.php way

No editing core files required!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by roxer82
  • Latest reply from strider72