The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Dr Mike's Random Blog plugin problem (21 posts)

1. parakeet
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm trying to use this (http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/Random-Blog) with wp-admin-bar, but it keeps throwing a wobbly, trying to take my URL bar to http://www.mysite.com/%3C?php%20echo%20$randomblog;%20?%3E What's going on?

2. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

*bump* still looking for a solution for this

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I need to fix the download.

Load the file into wordpad and resave it in a non formatted method. I wrote it on one of those locked down terms and saved it with text formatting.

4. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

i get odd characters.

'格浴㹬格慥㹤਍䴼呅⁁呈偔䔭啑噉刽晥敲桳䌠乏䕔呎∽㬰唠䱒栽瑴㩰⼯敲污灳牯獴汢杯敧獲挮浯猯潨瑯牥⽢㸢਍⼼敨摡㰾潢祤ാ㰊戯摯㹹⼼瑨汭ാ'

5. sn00kie
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am fairly new to web programming so please let me know if anyone has any problems with this. I tried endlessly to get Dr. Mike's to work and it wouldn't budge so I modified it.

http://www.canhesaythat.com/next/

Just like Mike's, drop in your root directory. Uncomment the appropriate lines in mu-admin-bar if you want to use the two together.

Mike, if this poses less problems for people, please, by all means, use this as your plugin.

6. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

where is it, i'm not seeing it.

7. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

next.php not /next/

8. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

yes, i see the file. but when i try to access or download it, i get this errors.

9. sn00kie
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry, I haven't checked this page in a while. Go to that link. You should see next.php sitting there. Right click next.php and click save as. Remember where you save it and move it to your wordpress root directory. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything and let us know if it works. Thanks.

10. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

when i dl the file, this is what it contains
    '
    <b>Warning</b>: include(wp-config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/var/www/canhesaythat.com/next/next.php</b> on line <b>22</b>

<b>Warning</b>: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'wp-config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in <b>/var/www/canhesaythat.com/next/next.php</b> on line <b>22</b>

<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in <b>/var/www/canhesaythat.com/next/next.php</b> on line <b>28</b>

<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in <b>/var/www/canhesaythat.com/next/next.php</b> on line <b>28</b>

<b>Warning</b>: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>/var/www/canhesaythat.com/next/next.php</b> on line <b>31</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/canhesaythat.com/next/next.php:22) in <b>/var/www/canhesaythat.com/next/next.php</b> on line <b>34</b>
    '

i've tried it several ways. thanks for your help, but i'm stumped

11. sn00kie
    Posted 16 years ago #

Looks like it was taking the errors as if run on my server and sticking it in the file. Not sure why.

I put the file in a zip so that should fix it. Try the link again and let me know.

http://www.canhesaythat.com/next/

12. littletechgirl
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi sn00kie,

I am unable to get your script to work. After trying for quite a while to get Dr. mike's to work (when clicking the link I get a page of gibberish), I tried yours.

When I click the link, nothing happens. I am just returned to the same page where I started. Any ideas?

Thanks much,

Kris

13. sgrayban
    Posted 16 years ago #

Doesn't work in MU 1.2.5 -- blank page and no random blog. I assume its from a DB change.

14. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just make a page template, and then do a query on the blogs table.

Using ... WHERE RAND() LIMIT 1

Then do a wp_redirect to the blog selected.

15. Bike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have no problem with it, use it in the admin bar and have seen no change in behaviour since moving up to WPMU 1.25a

Cheers Bike

16. dbasulto
    Posted 16 years ago #

download links are gone... any mirrors for this?

17. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

ouch. did the doc take it down? Out of spite no doubt.

18. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the insult. Please kindly learn some manners.

To answer your question though, all wordpress plugins were removed upon the legal advise of my attorney since Matt told me I was no longer allowed to support WordPress.

19. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

I don't know why things had to be so dramatic.

20. dbasulto
    Posted 16 years ago #

and what´s the central WPMU repository then? if not WPMUdev.org...

21. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

That's pretty much it. There is no "official" one. And if someone wants to stop supporting their plugin or pulls it down, they are well within their rights.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by parakeet
  • Latest reply from andrea_r