The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Thumbs up, Donncha (6 posts)

1. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Kudos. BIG Kudos.

Why?

For making the users appear when clicking users, vice the standard profile.php in the standalone version.

That's 1 less change to make, and much appreciated. ;)

2. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm afraid I don't quite understand lunabyte. Are you talking about how clicking on a user's name when they leave a comment will take you to their blog?

kudos to donncha are still deserved however :)

3. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

No.

I was referring to clicking the actual users tab in the backend.

On a standard WP install, it shows you your profile page. But, at least in my mind, I "clicked" users, so I want to see users darn it. ;)

So, anytime I install a standard WP site, I always end up editing it so that the users tab displays users first.

However, with MU, it's all peachy, since D's already made the change.

4. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

lol..it's funny because stuff like this I completely take for granted because I never really got into the nitty gritty of my WP solo install.

But yeah, it's pretty nifty indeed :)

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

There's other little tidbits too, but this one really stuck out in my mind at the time.

6. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually I think that's more to do with WordPress 2.1 than it is Mu. Mu runs the underlying multi blog server engine and site admin, whereas the blog stuff on top of that is the new WP which I think is getting closer to a release candidate. They're up to 2.1a3 last I looked. Either way, both projects are huge and thanks to all those involved including Donncha.

About this Topic