The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress.com's new dashboard! (27 posts)

1. redwolf
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Any chance of something similar making it's way into MU sometime soon?

In general, how much "sharing" of functionality is there between WordPress.com and MU?

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

99% of it is shared but there'll be a few WordPress.com only features. Can't say either way about the new Dashboard but as it's simply a modified BOTD it should be easy to modify your own Dashboard to suit!

3. TomK32
    Posted 18 years ago #

BTW: could someone send me an invite for wp.com? tomk32@tomk32.de is my address

4. Falo
    Posted 18 years ago #

...and if there`s another ivitation left, I will be happy to get one as well.

klangbild [at] gmail.com

5. TomK32
    Posted 18 years ago #

got mine, thanks donncha. falo did you get one yet?

6. partypageusa
    Posted 18 years ago #

If invites are going around I would also like to put my name in the running too. partypageusa [at] hotmail.com

7. Falo
    Posted 18 years ago #

No Tom, I didn`t get one yet. Would be great if you could send me one. Many thanks in advance!

8. TomK32
    Posted 18 years ago #

email adress?

9. Falo
    Posted 18 years ago #

klangbild [at] gmail.com

10. rocksolid
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hey Tom...i've got a MU site up for beta testing and i was wondering if i could get an invite so i can see how it is behind the scenes. Besides, i love the work you guys are doing on MU and would love to write about this awesome stuff there.

11. akbigdog
    Posted 18 years ago #

ooh, ooh, i want an invite! jon@akbourne.com

12. TomK32
    Posted 18 years ago #

sorry, had only one for falo but has also one invite now.

13. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

Just sign up at http://wordpress.com/ - people who do *are* being invited so it's only a matter of time!

14. Falo
    Posted 18 years ago #

...thanks Tom!

15. akbigdog
    Posted 18 years ago #

I signed up to be notified on wordpress.com before anyone even knew what it was, but I still haven't received an invite. Are they being sent on a first-come-first-served basis or at random?

16. rocksolid
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

it's randomly selected

17. akbigdog
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hmm, so... no early-bird special, I guess...

18. akbigdog
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hey, donncha (or other forum mod): Could you please either remove or somehow hide my email address so that it can't be harvested? In all the excitement of a WordPress invitation, I was dumb enough to put it out there unencoded. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

19. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hiya ak, once you're logged in you should be able to edit it yourself... look for an 'edit' tag next to the permalink hash under the post.

20. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

You know I've never really bothered masking my email address online and any spam problems seem to originate from elsewhere like those damn free magazine offers, take one of those up and watch your email explode! :P

21. partypageusa
    Posted 18 years ago #

Thats why I set up a couple junk mail account just to get those free magazines...hehe.

22. comforteaglespaceman
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

"99% of it is shared but there'll be a few WordPress.com only features."
    What is the plan for wordpress.com???

23. comforteaglespaceman
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

"99% of it is shared but there'll be a few WordPress.com only features."
    What is the plan for wordpress.com???

24. comforteaglespaceman
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

sorry for the dupe, there was a server-error after the first "send post". 500 I think.

25. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

The plan? Sssh, it's a secret, but WordPress is going to take over the world of blogging first, then we're going to take over Google and redefine search, and then email will be obsoleted by our new product WPmail!
    Remember, don't tell anyone! You'll recognise other WP users by the funny handshake. They're the only ones who can know!

26. partypageusa
    Posted 18 years ago #

hehe...I was planning to take over Google, but I guess you can go right ahead. I will go on and take over Microsoft instead. I will turn the blue screen of death into the white screen of life.

27. akbigdog
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hey, Farms. Haven't checked this thread for a while. I think there is some kind of timeout on the editing capabilities of posts. I can't edit posts after... some amount of time. An hour or two, maybe. Anyway, that post with my address is much older than that, and does not have an "Edit" link below it. Thanks, though.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by redwolf
  • Latest reply from akbigdog