The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

For put YouTube videos (17 posts)

1. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello, i have reading very much post about youtube videos and wp-extremevideo but i cant install it, i put this in plugin directory and i active the plugin but i can see nothing and i cant put videos...

any have a solution?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

use the anarchy media video plugin.

3. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks andrea_r, i installed anarchy media video plugin and i can put youtube videos but only in the admin account, the in the normal accounts the button of put youtube url dont display.

What must i do?

4. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi badlager,

so anarchy loads in your home blog but not in your subdirectory or subdomain blogs? Is this only in Explorer or Firefox as well?

It's a new one on me either way, there should be no difference between the blogs to begin with, home is just blog_id 1. Check your config maybe?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Did you put it in the mu-plugins folder?

6. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

No, i want to say that the button to put the url of the video in the rich editor isnt in the normal blogs but is in the admin blog of my MUWP. I dont know if you understand me... (sorry for my english :( )

Yes, i put this in mu-plugins folder

7. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

"isnt in the normal blogs but is in the admin blog"

Yes, that is what I meant, the admin blog is the home blog which is ID 1 in the database.

It's a strange problem, I have no idea why this would happen. Do you have any errors from the editor pages where the buttons don't load?

8. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

Mmmm i discovered why dont run in the others accounts... i usually open admin account in firefox and other accounts in Explorer.

In 6.0.2900.2180 of IE in xp sp2 the button dont appear... any fix? :S

9. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

You're using a non-english language version of Explorer I take it? If so this is a bug I'm trying to track down where non-english Explorer throws some javascript errors in the editor and can't load the buttons.

Do you know if this also happens in IE7? And what language version are you using in IE6?

10. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have spanish version of IE6, and dont know if happens in IE7, im afraid about upgrade IE6 to IE7 xD

11. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

We should all be afraid, VERY afraid!

Soooo ... is anyone else on something other than a Spanish version non-english language Explorer 6 and maybe 7 having a problem with non-loading anarchy buttons?

Gods I hate WinIE.

12. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

Some users of my MU installation are having the same problem, i will ask theirs what version of IE have.

13. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Eeeek... sayitisn't so!

14. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

So far it's several Spanish language Explorer 6 users reporting javascript errors with loading external plugins, which is what anarchy now uses on Mu and WP 2.1a3 rather than the buttonsnap hack I had. It could be a bug with my simple external plugins, a bug in the WP hooks for external plugins, or a bug with the tinyMCE implementation of external plugins, but it's looking like a bug in the Spanish version of Explorer ... only problem with Explorer bugs is that they're actually 'features' that everyone else is supposed to work around. Hopefully fixed in WinIE 7 so I can just tell peeps to upgrade :)

Have I mentioned how much I hate Explorer?

15. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

Me too Zeug... :S

16. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok, I think the Explorer bug in international versions of Explorer is fixed, was a single errant comma in the plugin. Thanks be to user feedback!

So if it's still a problem on some installs send me an email otherwise happy international blogging.

17. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

No, zeug, thanks to you for this nice plugin ;)

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by badlagar
  • Latest reply from badlagar