The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Request for plugins listing page ala main wordpress.org (4 posts)

1. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

While I'm aware of the wpmu devs page, the plugins list is missing quite a few working plugins and/or hacked plugins. Since the forums here don't allow searching very well (google is nice but here I always get a massive list of trac links)

Is it possible to get the following added here:

A list of known working plugins that work of the box neatly sorted based on mu-plugins or plugins folder
    A list of themes that are known working themes for wpmu

Either of those things would go along way towards cutting down on the massive list of constantly re-asked questions and veritable circular linking between threads.

It may even help to prevent issues like 4 different versions of the same plugin being modded to work with wpmu.

Your thoughts?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

It's been talked around in circles many times already. :) There's a better search box here:
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/search.php which in a more prominent spot may help.

And from any conversation I've seen about themes/plugins for MU, the "official" line is most of them *should* work right out of the box, so instead keep a list of the ones that need to be modded.

More/better documentation in an easy-to-find spot would be awesome, but there's the matter of writing it. ;)

3. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah the "should work" line is fine and dandy but so far it seems there are far more not working than working.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah I know, I was rolling my eyes when I typed it. :) It also seems lately there's more changes to the code that borks standard WP plugins. And when you realize how many WP plugins there are out there, it's a leetle bit of a nightmare.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by corourke
  • Latest reply from andrea_r