The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

what are the most popular themes on your site ? (9 posts)

1. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm looking for what themes to add next, and since some of the current don't have a big success, I'd like to pick themes users like.
    So i propose everyone enters the most used themes on their site.
    On mine Regulus, Fauna, Quentin, Rounded and Anarchy are pretty popular right now.
    The least popular are the most simple like classic or almost spring.
    What's up on your site ?

2. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

Popular: 3k2, aquarium, asterik, beauty_within, hemingway, mistylook, regulus, stripedplus, sweetbuzz, tarski, winter, x-blog-11

3. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

thanks! many i didn't know about. Is your audience tehcnical ? Stripedplus is quite difficult for my users.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have for the top ten (aside from default):
    # kickass-spookyblue: 14
    # water-10: 10
    # quentinMU: 9
    # atypicalsummer: 9 <-- one of ours
    # thirteen: 9
    # winter: 8 <-- one of ours
    # dark_maple_MU: 8
    # stickynotes: 7 <-- also one of ours
    # butterfly-20: 7
    # daisyraegeminiMU: 7

Demographics for my site is women probably at least in the mid-twenties to forties, and some kids. I just installed a Christmas theme too (one we made for hubby's blog last year) so I'm sure that will get some use in the next couple weeks.

5. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

quenting, agreed about stripedplus. Easy to have a contest for who can make the most hideous colour-mods to stripedplus. The hiding sidebars are fun, though.

Kids(13-16) love it because its so easy to add url for background/header images.(animated gifs especially, :yuck: )

6. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

yeah most of my users who tried to do something with striped plus just got terrible results.
    Adding the URL is already too complex for many users, for whom the URL concept is vague and how to retrieve the URL of an image is a puzzle.
    Those ones want the upload form in the theme options.

7. outwest77
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok I tried to access the answer to this question and thought I found it , but how to enable new users to select a theme? when they sign up

I saw one place that said to disable the theme for the admin panel, then when you go into the blog, and edit it, then you can just enable that theme and it will change the theme for that blog

doesnt work............for me

where to allow the user to choose a theme?

8. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

You must login to mu as the admin and go to Site Admin/Themes and activate the themes you want available to your users. Once you do that, then any user should be able to select the theme from their admin area under the Presentation tab.

Steve

9. outwest77
    Posted 16 years ago #

yes thank you i enabled all the themes but i was trying to select the themes for their blogs from MY admin area , instead of going to their website and jumping from there, i am just testing this MU so i am the user on all the websites, so now it works finally, DUH, THANK YOU

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by quenting
  • Latest reply from outwest77