The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Registration 404 error (4 posts)

1. irukandji
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've created a nice WPMU install with several blogs as the admin, but when I attempt to register a new user to each blog I recieve the famous 404 error.

I've looked through this forum but haven't found anything regarding this specific issue... anyone out the have this happen to them? and if so what did you do to resolve it...

Thanks!

2. awacht
    Posted 17 years ago #

I run into this problem too. I've enabled registration for a blog that sits in a subdirectory to the 'main' blog. ie... http://domain.com/bloghome/newblog. Registration is enabled & clicking REGISTER on the login screen brings up the 404 error for the "newblog." Can anybody advise?

thanks!

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

So the software sits in bloghome?

You're doing subdirectories, right?

Anything in your error logs?

Does yout htacess file exist and is it populated?

4. awacht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks DRMike, I figure it out though. the wp-login.php file was referncing a directory of /signup/ when user registration is enabled. Instead I switched it to /wp-signup.php (which I think works better) My trouble was that this change needed to be done in 2 places in the file. It seems to be working now, and I'm on to my next problem: I'm not receiving any registration emails after filling out the form. Doh! Any ideas?

thanks
    andy-

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by irukandji
  • Latest reply from awacht