The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Error: Wrong username (3 posts)

1. bethgranter
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello. We have just installed WPmu for the first time. We have email addresses limited to our university email only.

I can add multiple blogs for the admin account but when I try to create a separate new blog for a different username all seems fine but I cannot log in as this new user. The blog exists at blogs.example.ac.uk/newuser and I can post to it when logged in as 'admin' but cannot even log in as 'newuser'.

I get 'Error: Wrong username' when I try to log in as 'newuser', either from the URL blogs.example.ac.uk/newuser/wp-login.php or from the URL blogs.example.ac.uk/wp-login.php.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix?

2. bethgranter
    Posted 17 years ago #

OK it turned out that it was the LDAP Authentication plugin which was causing the error. Now we've removed it, login works. However... now I have to work out how to do LDAP Authentication without breaking logins. Either it's the configuration of the plug in... or the plug in itself. Is anyone successfully using LDAP Authentication with WPmu???

The (so far failed) plug in I was trying is here: <http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/WPMU-LDAP-Authentication-Plug-in>

3. bethgranter
    Posted 17 years ago #

Incase anyone is interested, we deleted the blogs which had been created before LDAP was implemented and started from scratch and it now works.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by bethgranter
  • Latest reply from bethgranter