The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

default, widgets & Copyright (4 posts)

1. blogga
    Posted 17 years ago #

i'm just playing with the default theme

1. before go live is there any essential widgets that best be installed is it ok to install them later
    2. what MUST remain in theme e.g. wpmu logo/link etc. - every single one or just certain ones?
    3. presumably i can launch site with just default theme and modify it later and it will update across any created blogs?

thanks

2. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

1. You can always add widgets. Although for a good mix I'd recommend the meebo widget and one of the many flickr widgets.
    2. I'd say if you're using someone else's theme (not one of the default themes) always leave the link back to the designer.
    3. Yep the theme is set by the themes style.css. Although I'd recommend starting with at least 10 themes.

3. blogga
    Posted 17 years ago #

that sounds like v good advice, thanks for widget tips

as for #2, you mention use of other peoples themes but is there some requirement to maintain wpmu logos, & links etc?
    There seem to be quite a lot of them. what't the minimal requirement or are you free to remove all of them (which i don't wish to do)

thankyou

4. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

Most theme designers ask that a link back to them remains. That's pretty much all I leave. The wpmu logos or wordpress links can go though.

About this Topic