The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Max upload file size (18 posts)

1. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have put 500KB in Max upload file size but i can upload mp3 of 4 MBytes....

why? :S

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

php.ini would be my guess.

3. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

php.ini ??? What must i put?

4. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

Contact your webhost. Typically the webhost sets the php.ini for your server.

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

well, I am confused, usually its the other way round, I set 10MB in wpmu but my php.ini only permits less, so I have to change that value, but if I do not want my users to be able to uplaod more, the wpmu value should take precende imho :-?

6. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

... yes... im confused too.... :S:S:S:S

7. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

Any have any solution?

8. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

You can try putting:

php_value upload_max_filesize 5M

in your htaccess. Reset 5M to whatever size you need.

9. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

Dont work... i put 1M and upload a mp3 of 2 megas... any other fix? any users are uploading 4 megas files and the server is having a big transfer waste.

10. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

Any other ideas?
    The wpmu value should take precedence, as I have set up my php.ini value quite high so I can upload big files when attaching them to emails... so I do not want to modify the php.ini value as that one is used sitewide,....

11. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

If the server settings are lower than the MU setting, the *server* takes precedence.

12. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

well, yes but this whole post seems to indicate that the wpmu settings completely ignored and instead the php.ini setting takes precedence or am I wrong?

13. badlagar
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes Ovidiu, the server have 10 megas of max upload, and wpmu 500 kb, and y can upload 9 megas uploading with the editor of wpmu...

14. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have an install on a subdomain, though using subdirectories. There is a php.ini in the root of that subdomain that I increased the values of post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 48M and 32M respectively. I changed the value in WPMU to 5000 KB and I still can't upload a 3MB file. Works on wampserver on my home computer, though.

Any suggestions?

15. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

Was server configuration issue.

16. Shane G
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

You need to add this code in any php file and upload it in the plugins directory. After that need to activate this plugin.

<?php
    ini_set('upload_max_size','20M');
    ini_set('post_max_size',’60M');
    ini_set('max_execution_time,'300');
    ?>

This should resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Shane G.

17. lonb
    Posted 15 years ago #

18. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@lonb - there is a search function for a reason - you don't need to find every post that mentions this problem and put a link on it.

Besides which I think the previous post to yours actually solved the problem. The key sentence in fact was:

"This should resolve the issue."

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by badlagar
  • Latest reply from cafespain