The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

documentation and howto (4 posts)

1. ashish
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

i need to setup a wp mu on our intranet supporting ~100 users. so far, i have downloaded wp mu and have got it running. also enabled the mu admin plugin.

what next? how do users get their individual blogs, logins, etc? is there documentation, sparse at least, from where i can pick up something?

2. dss
    Posted 18 years ago #

same here, i've gotten the script installed, and it seems like a standard, and verybulky version of the usual WP installation.

no documentation (i can find) on how to actually use this for multiple users with unique blogs.

weird.

3. rld1025
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Same here.. I installed the 06-01-2005 latest build, got it installed and created a new user, but the new user does not seem to have his own blog. Can someone tell me what I missed please?

Thanks

Bob

4. NetAndif
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

That's right. There are no docs yet about how to create new blogs. Search for wp-newblog here in the forums, and you will find some information. There is no working admin interface yet, only this script to create new blogs has been verified to work.
    WPMU is beeing developed to enable multi user multiblogging, but at time you will perhaps have to write your own management interface or help bringing forward what exists now.

About this Topic

• Started 2025 years ago by ashish
  • Latest reply from NetAndif