The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Source code for the home page of wordpress.com (11 posts)

1. mshao
    Posted 17 years ago #

Anyone has the source code for it?

Thanks

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

No, and like the layouts for wp.org, I doubt they'd let you use it.

3. mshao
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for the feedback.

4. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm with Andrea plus I'd like to add this:

If it is your wpmu site (or any site for that matter) why would you want people to come to you when you're offering a ripped off version of another site?

That may sound sort of harsh but it's true. If you can't figure out how to get a lot of the functions from wp.com and don't know how to easily rip the css so you could dupe it, you don't have any business designing a wordpress theme.

Work at your own pace, making your own site and the knowledge will come.

As for the new wp.com design, it's ok although slightly boring. It's like Web 1.85. Almost all the way there but still lacking.

If you're just curious how to get the front feeds, that's extremely easy and the tools to make a similar functioning theme are spread throughout this entire forum.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"It's like Web 1.85."

*snort* :D

Just to expand on my earlier post - the whole WP crew has been aked many times if people could copy the layoutr of here and wp.org, and every single time have been shot down.

But yeah. Why would you want to look like someone else? At least if you're trying to run an honest business?

6. mshao
    Posted 17 years ago #

I wish I expresseded it in more details in my initial post. The reason for the post was that I'd like to see how wp.com has login boxes displayed on its front page and login process started there. I was not asking for its design or layout. My own site currently only provides a link to default wpmu login page instead. Since Andrea pointed out that such request had been shut up previously, I am fine with that. Next, I will try to figure it out myself. I was just trying to save some time. As we all know, people on this forum have exchanged things all the time. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. I just asked wrong party. In this case, wpmu.

Cheers!

7. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

As far as the login page is concerned the best way would be to get a widgetized theme on your frontpage (handy for numerous reasons) and then drop in the King Login Widget or make one of your own widgets.

As a side note, I ripped the images from the Why Get a Blog section on Wordpress.com. Half of them are straight from the backend so I didn't feel guilty doing it. Should I have? =P

8. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually if you had wanted the front page login, that can easily be found here (as far as I knew though it came with the default home theme). That still falls under easy html coding.

9. zylstra
    Posted 17 years ago #

Here's mine:

<?php if (is_user_logged_in()): {
    global $user_identity, $current_user;
    get_currentuserinfo();
    _e('Hello, <b>' . $user_identity . '</b>! (<a href="wp-login.php?action=logout">not ' . $user_identity . '</a>?) &nbsp;Here's a list of your current blogs:<ul>');
    $blogs = get_blogs_of_user($current_user->ID);
    if ( ! empty($blogs) ) foreach ( $blogs as $blog ) {
    echo "<li>&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href='http://" . $blog->domain . $blog->path . "'>" . $blog->domain . $blog->path . "</a></li>";
    }
    _e('
    </ul>
    Need an additional blog? &nbsp;<a href="wp-signup.php">Create <i>another</i> blog!</a>
    ');
    }
    endif;
    if ( !is_user_logged_in()): {
    ?>
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" valign="top" colspan="2"><h2>Welcome to Free Blog Site</h2><p>For
    those of you new to blogging, a blog is an online journal where you can
    share your thoughts and experiences with everyone in the world.
    <br /><br />
    Publish your thoughts!&nbsp;&nbsp; Share your photos!&nbsp;&nbsp; Get feedback!</p></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="50%" valign="top"><h2>New Bloggers</h2><br /><a href="wp-signup.php">Sign up and create a new blog!</a></td>
    <td width="50%" valign="top"><h2>Existing Bloggers</h2>
    <form name="loginform" id="loginform" action="wp-login.php" method="post">
    <label>Username:<br /><input type="text" name="log" id="log" value="" size="20" tabindex="1" /></label>
    <br /><label>Password:<br /> <input type="password" name="pwd" id="pwd" value="" size="20" tabindex="2" /></label>
    <br /><label><input name="rememberme" type="checkbox" id="rememberme" value="forever" tabindex="3" />Remember me</label>
    <br /><input type="submit" name="submit" id="login" value="Login &raquo;" tabindex="4" />
    </form>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <?php } endif; ?>

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

There's also a login form here that works in MU:
    http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2005/04/14/wordpress-sidebar-login-form-hack/

Just a friednly reminde rto everyone:
    Please ask the right question. :) I'm not picking on you mshao, but asking for the source code to the main page of a particular site is *way* different than one little section of it (ie; a login box).

11. mshao
    Posted 17 years ago #

Many thanks to all for the friendly assistance. I will give them a try.

Happy holidays!!!

About this Topic