The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Why %2520 instead of %20 for spaces? (4 posts)

1. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm having a bizarre problem here. In the function that displays tags I'm trying to modify the code so that the tag list works on every blog instead of only on the main blog.

What I did was declare the variable "$path" and set it to my main MU domain.

Then later on in my function I have this line:

echo '<a href="' . $path . '?c='.$key.'" style="font-size: '.$size.'%"';

The issue is that while this works fine when a user clicks on a Tag category that has no spaces, when a tag category does have spaces then the links point to /random%2520interesting/ instead of /random%20interesting.

The consequence is that nothing displays anymore for Tag categories with spaces.

I'm desparately trying to figure out what is causing this to fandango. If anyone has any ideas (particularly if you know of a variable I could use to point to the main mu site instead of declaring a new $path variable) then I would truly be much obliged.

Thanks!

2. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

EDIT: this problem is now FIXED!

It was a simple matter of removing "www" from the $path variable. I'll soon be posting my Tag Cloud widget which works in conjunction with the main MU tag cloud to display a list of what everyone is blogging about on your entire site in the sidebar of any blog on your site.

Pretty nifty if I don't say so myself :) More news and a download link to follow!

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

is this a new plugin or in addition to deltakids hack for a sitewide tag cloud system?

4. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

it's a new plugin/widget ovidiu, with a minor modification/hack to deltakid's tag setup.

I'll be releasing it sometime tomorrow afternoon, right now me needs some shut eye!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by suleiman
  • Latest reply from suleiman