The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

get_last_updated limited to 10 (10 posts)

1. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

What would I add in wpmu_functions.php to get the get_last_updated to allow limiting the number displayed. I've tried a few things but not sure how to make that change so it works. I want to use that and the get_most_active_blogs both so I can't just use the one.

Any ideas?

2. conpeo
    Posted 17 years ago #

3. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've got that function figured out. It's the get_last_updated function I'd like to have show only 10 blogs.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

It's already limited to 40, but you want 10.

Change: limit 0,40

To: limit 0,10

Real basic stuff here.

5. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ah I see it now. Would likely help if I hadn't been awake for the last 37 hours.. lol Saw it last night after I got home from the hospital (let grandma sleep in wife's room to be with the baby). I hereby promise to sleep first post second.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, please do. (And baby details are...?) :D

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

See... you didn't know babies would make you go blind. Your om always said it was something else!

;)

If you didn't want to touch the core files, you could just copy that function to functions.php of the theme your using for your main site. Then call it something unique, and call it instead.

I usually try to do that with functions used in that way, so that's 1 less edit to the core to worry about.

8. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah I've been trying to do all of my edits to the functions.php of the home theme. So far it's ben ok but I've got a lot of work to do since I somehow accidentally wrote over my changelog list with the list of what to take to the hospital (idiocy ++)

As for the baby stats:

8lbs 13oz (out of a 5'3" mom who started out weighing 115lbs ouch).
    20.5" length
    dark hair (for now)

I somehow managed to liveblog the whole birth (while feeding icechips to mom and helping her breathe at the same time, thank god for wifi in the hospital) as well as got a ton of pics uploaded:

Live updates: Zoes.dreamflicks.com

Tons o' pictures:
    corourke.dreamflicks.com

I already reserved every spelling of his first and middle names on my wpmu installs so he can use it when he's older :D lol </geek>

9. roth
    Posted 17 years ago #

woww, im just looking to have the control like on http://dreamflicks.com/ .. how can i do that?, how can i modify the index.php from wordpress so i can show all the data from the last blogs, the most used, the login screen, advertising how they can win money, etc..
    please help out!

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by corourke
  • Latest reply from andrea_r