The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Not Working/Apache (3 posts)

1. Todaysgirls
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hey Everyone, thanks for your help. Here's my deal. I uploaded to my server and uploaded ok. However, not working. I use MYSQL and PHP. Do I need to install Apache too? I have quite a big site for my members so it's in a subdirectory. Here's what happens: Example...when I try any of my files
    http://todaysgirls.com/blogs/wp-login.php, etc. I get this.

HTTP 404 Not Found. What am I doing wrong?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"Do I need to install Apache too? "

Uh, YEAH. You also need to modify the http.conf file within Apache. There's a readme.txt in the download, please read it all over very carefully and make sure you've followed all the steps.

Also, on some servers, MU just does not like running from a subdirectory.

3. stewdio
    Posted 17 years ago #

Let me take a stab at this.

Your's already running on Apache. (1.3.37 to be exact)

todaysgirls.com redirects to todaysgirlsonly.com

I don't know the reson behind your redirect and you will have to get rid of this in order for some things to work on todaysgirls.com, or maybe you want it on the other domain. I caa't speak for your intentions :-)

Also, you have your files in a subdiectory called /blogs.

This is not recommended and I would suggest placing the files in a TLD (your domain root directory)

Reupload the files, I think your missing a couple.

Go to yourdomain.com where the files are and run the installation script once you have your redirect fixed.

I hope this helps some, I'm sorry I couldn't help you more, but there is a lack of detail and I am assuming a few things based on my own observations.

The reson your getting a 404 is because of the redirect to the other domain. There are no files in the redirected folder :-)

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Todaysgirls
  • Latest reply from stewdio