The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plesk & DNS Wildcard (3 posts)

1. dsendecki
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hey folks, I know this is less a MU question and more one I should be asking my host (I am), but figured it might help out those in the future. I read a thread here (which no longer exists) about Plesk and wildcard DNS for virtual domains, which said something abuot API, etc, etc. but it was incomplete and I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

I have a VPS account that runs Plesk; yesterday I had my hosting company add a wildcard domain to the ZONE file, an A record, *.mydomain.com. I added the changes suggested in the readme for virtual subdomains and included them in my vhost.conf. It worked, redirecting to my main index, etc.

However, today, my VPS keeps going down (Service unavailable, mounted but not running, etc). I can start it, but in a minute or two it is unavailable again.

Can virtual subdomains work on a PLESK box running linux and apache, php and mysql? Please let me know if you've experienced this. I've checked the plesk forums to no avail!

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

can't help much with your problem, but I was wondering which company you use. I'm looking for a new host is why I ask.

3. dsendecki
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm up in Canada, they are called webserve.ca, just started with them, not the cheapest, but pretty helpful so far -- only been a couple of weeks, so I can't wholeheartedly recommend them, but based on the past few weeks, I would!

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by dsendecki
  • Latest reply from dsendecki