The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to move the data from wp to muwp ?? (5 posts)

1. mavimarx
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi and Happy New Year !

I have wp blog with some articles about 300 with a lot of categories, now i wanna switch to muwp .. how to move the data .. becuz i found the tables name is the db its different such wp_1_users !

thx

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are you using a more recent version of WP? Shoudl be an Export menu item. Do that, and them once MU is installed, use the Import menu item.

3. stewdio
    Posted 17 years ago #

and peice of advice, from what I have seen previously on the forums.

Do a thorough search here on the forums.

I believe that some people have issues with retaining category names and other weird oddities when moving from wp to wpmu.

Test everything offline, localy or in a test environment on a separate domain if possible to ensure a smooth transition.

4. mavimarx
    Posted 17 years ago #

did the export from wp2.5 and import to mu .. did import all !!

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

WP is up to 2.5 already? Wow, Matt's working his tail off. That's like 4 versions almost overnight. :D

/ funny

Seriously though, check your pages. I just did something similar in a test environment, and pages were hosed bad.

And it was from a 2.0.5 blog as well. The pages were imported and set as "static" instead of "published, and and the type was something other than "page".

Either way, it was causing 404's on all pages until I sorted it out.

Oh, and your category #'s and post id's might be different too.

mine were, which screwed up my popularity contest settings. With 2 years of posts, it would be a PITA for me to remap. So I made a note about it in case I do something like that in the future.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by mavimarx
  • Latest reply from lunabyte