The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Feedback Plugin Broken? (17 posts)

1. mdvaldosta
    Posted 17 years ago #

Was working fine on my pre-1.0 release, but somewhere between then and last weeks build it broke. Works fine from the end user's standpoint, however in the main site admin area when trying to look at then I get:

"Cannot load mu-plugins/feedback.php."

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've been using it with 1.0.

3. mdvaldosta
    Posted 17 years ago #

Latest build?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yep.

5. emra
    Posted 17 years ago #

i have the same mistake in this plugin but i used to use it

"Cannot load mu-plugins/feedback.php."

how can this plugin works?

6. qza
    Posted 17 years ago #

It's working fine with wpmu 1.2 here.

7. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Unfortunately, the feedback plugin was quite old when I released it. It had been sitting on my hard drive for almost a year.

It was actually one of my first wpmu plugins and was very poorly coded. Due to this, i'm not planning on adding anything to the plugin nor will I be adding bug fixes unless the problem affects 95% of the people using it. Basically, the only reason I would even try to touch that code again is if a new version of wpmu is released and the plugin breaks for pretty much everyone,

8. emra
    Posted 17 years ago #

andrewbillits thanks for your help i wii wait your new release...

9. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

regarding the feedback plugin - is its only purpose to get feedback from users? no possibility to get back to the users?

Even the massmailer plugin doesn't let me target a single user - so there's actually nothing inside the wpmu backend that lets me react to the users feedback?

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nope, there isn't. I'm toying with either adding that or dumping the plugin.

11. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

you have read what I think about this - please keep us updated about this...

12. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, I have the same isue as you do - some feedback requires I email the user in reply. And I'm sure you know the convoluted route you have to take to find the user's email address. :D

13. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I removed the plugin as well. Depending on the support system that you use, you could probably come up with a link that would include stuff like the name of the user and their email address and drop it into your support desk's ticket form.

Either that or add in a MySQL insert command upon new blog creation to drop the information into your support desk's database as well.

14. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

did you ever wind up writing a whole support desk backend?

15. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think Andrew was going to do that. I was using Cerberus although I droped it as I can't stand the new version. Working on putting in OSTicket currently.

I was thinking about putting that form into the feedback plugin and prefilling it out with the information from WPMu. Maybe someday...

16. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh, I thought of something - did anyone having issues *read the directions*? You do not just plunk it in a folder to get it to work.

17. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

If emna is getting a cannot load error, that may be a file permissions issue. When that pops up, doesn't that mean that wp can find the file but can't read it? It should be set to 644.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by mdvaldosta
  • Latest reply from drmike