The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

This blog has been archived or suspended (18 posts)

1. mdvaldosta
    Posted 17 years ago #

Where would I be able to edit this page? I'd prefer something that provided more information, or even better something that get's themed with the rest of the site.

2. GiGaBiT
    Posted 17 years ago #

Login as the admin, and goto site management

3. mdvaldosta
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm sorry, but I cannot find this option anywhere in the "site admin" area. There isn't a "site management" area. Are you certain?

4. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

wp-settings.php and wpmu-settings.php have the "die" and "graceful-fail" that contain the "blog suspended" message to edit.

What/how you theme it, I haven't done.

5. mypatricks
    Posted 17 years ago #

in mu-plugins folder, find misc.php :)

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

It's a bunch of places. Rather annoying actually since I have mine modified to put in a link to the main site along with some CSS.

7. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

So do I have to change it in all places it occurs?

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yup. I've been meaning to ask Donncha to place hooks in these places so one of us could write a plugin for it. Be easier to edit one file instead of 4.

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

10. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Can't decipher from Trac whether this has been fixed or not?

What I'd really like is 1 second redirect back to the root... but that's just me :)

11. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

It got fixed in version 886.

Please read what Donncha discusses as he describes how to rewrite a plugin to do your own bit for these blogs.

Either that or do what I did and change the code within those function calls. But I like hacking away at the code. :)

12. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'll have a look for it - about time I 'wrote' a plugin!

13. nodblogcom
    Posted 16 years ago #

It would be nice to have custom text for each suspended blog. I want to show details about what happened. I don't know if plugins are an option because users can access those.

14. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Not if it's in the mu-plugins folder...

15. nodblogcom
    Posted 16 years ago #

I don't know...

16. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

First one to suggest a feature gets first crack at writing the code. :)

Do you realize that tell the public at large why a blog has been removed would be a privacy issue, right?

17. nodblogcom
    Posted 16 years ago #

drmike, yeah, private information will not be taken or given from the blog (eg. thir e-mail) but from publicly available information such as website statistics, IP tracing, spam antecedents, etc...
    Something like http://spamhuntress.com/wiki/Link_spammer_pages to return their favor.

18. chadon
    Posted 16 years ago #

For newer blogs like mine there is only one file to edit the suspended blog message: wp-settings.php

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by mdvaldosta
  • Latest reply from chadon