The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Enterprise Blogging For Business (3 posts)

1. mrdjk
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am presently trying to choose between MovableType and Wordpress. My question is simple (and I know Ill get some bias but Im looking for people with experience using both systems!)...

1) Which blog tool is better for a business that could be potentially selling a blog writing service?

2) I understand MT has an enterprise edition whereby one admin can offer separate authors for various blogs but still control them all under one database. I understand WP has MU which offers this. Now will MU allow the admin to offer user access to manage a blog but not see the many other blogs in the main admins control?

2. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes. MU works like that. Site admins can see all the blogs, but individual blog users can only see the control panel for their blogs. The best thing about using MU is it's free versus MT's enterprise edition.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've used MT as well. It's huge bloated code. You could argue that it's easier for users, but really: every system has a learning curve. There are pluses to MT over WP/WPMU, but these are overshot by WPMU anyway. There are hurdles to WPMU though. The advantages (flexibility being the biggest, as well as cost) far FAR outweigh any disadvantages.

If you use MT to offer your own blog wirting service, they'll want a piece of the action (re: enterprise edition, and I think it has limits on blog amounts).

With MU, they don't care. Do what you want with it.

About this Topic