The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

one admin only? (8 posts)

1. Melodiefabrieknl
    Posted 17 years ago #

Never noticed this, but I guess this is the limitation: MU can only be administrated by one admon account, right? If I create more admins on top-level they become admins for the admin-blog, but not for the whole MU-setup. A small limitation when you want to maintain the MU-blogs with a few others.

Anyone?

2. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 17 years ago #

Backend >> Site Admin >> Options

There is a textbox where you can add the names of users you want to be admins. Never tried it though.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

And you added them through the site admin interface, towards the bottom under options?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have two admins on my site; works fine. Add them through the menu pumkinslayer noted above, NOT through the user section of the admin blog.

5. Melodiefabrieknl
    Posted 17 years ago #

"Backend >> Site Admin >> Options"

Thanks! Me so stupid sometimes...

6. Melodiefabrieknl
    Posted 17 years ago #

One more thing though: when an admin which is not me is adding more users only I receive an Email that a new blog/user is created. The other Admins don't receive that Email. I couldn't find a way how these other Admins could receive that Email as confirmation. I would expect that the Admin who creates news users and blogs would receive these Emails.

So somehow the first Admin (super Admin) receives all MU-admin Emails. Am I missing something, a parameter, a few options?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nope, that's the default behaviour, and no, there's not setting in the backend to change it.

that's also how I expect MU to behave - one email was set up as the Site Admin, so that person would be the one expected to get the auto-emails. Also, most MU sites out there are run by only one or two admins.

8. Melodiefabrieknl
    Posted 17 years ago #

I found the 'Site Admin Email' in the Options page though. I can change that default email-account which is fine. Thanks for the help!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Melodiefabrieknl
  • Latest reply from Melodiefabrieknl