The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Mysql connection problems it seems. (2 posts)

1. Timski
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello All,

Just trying to get the MU version of wordpress up and running at a clients site, I installed the single user version and it was up and running in no time at all with minimal problems.

Now I have ran into some major issues with the MU version. firstly we would constantly get the error message of:

"No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check debugging WPMU for further assistance."

I read through your forums and found someone had added the line "define(WP_INSTALLING',true);" to there wp-config.php file and this had fixed that issue... it seems to of fixed it up I am a bit worried that that adding that code has just masked the existing problem, now I am getting this error.

WordPress database error: [Table 'wordpress.wp_1_posts' doesn't exist]
    SELECT wp_1_posts.* FROM wp_1_posts WHERE 1=1 AND (post_type = 'post' AND (post_status = 'publish')) ORDER BY post_date DESC

Seems to me that it does not want to connect to the sql database although after the install it tells me the tables have been created sucessfully. I go into sql administrator and there are no tables created automatically for my wordpress user.

I have read over the readme file numerous times and I have edited my httpd.conf correctly so I dont think it would be related to apache2 or php5 not functioning correctly. I can only assume its sql related... Anyone ran into this problem before?

I am rocking this out on a sles10 virtual host, I have had to remove all the other php apps that I had installed to nut this one out.

Any assistance would be appreciated its making my pull my hair out, I needed a hair cut anyway I guess.

Thanks Kids,
    Tim

2. ColinFilmJournal
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sounds to me like the user you're using to connect to MySQL doesn't have the create table priviledges set up.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Timski
  • Latest reply from ColinFilmJournal