The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Hosting (7 posts)

1. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've got a spare server that's just sitting in an expensive collocated rack doing nothing but collecting dust.

Now, i'm not interested in doing anything fancy but would anyone be interested in having WPMU hosted for them?

The plans would be as follows:

1) 1GB of space - $5/Month

2) 5GB - $25/Month

The server has an unmetered 100mbps connection (I get a decent deal due to having many servers) that would be shared among the accounts.

There would be no money-back-guarantees because payment would be month to month via paypal. There would also be a $15 setup fee since there will be no automated system for this.

Basically this would be a bare-bones setup. There are two reasons i'm offering this service. The first is that maybe this will be appealing to the newbies around here and cut down on the repeated questions. The second is that I have a spare server in a data center that would cost me a small fortune to get shipped from the datacenter so i'd rather just put it to use.

I'm going to need a minimum of 5 people to agree to at least the 1GB plan for this to be worthwhile.

Anyone interested? Quesstions?

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry for the typos above. I'm typing this as I walk out the door to a meeting.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Me. I'm getting too big for shared hosting. Will discuss with partner and email you.

4. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

BTW, we've just struck a deal with the people who have been hosting Edublogs for so long for some great WordPress MU hosting where you get the first month free, anyway, here't is:

http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/wordpress-mu-hosting/

5. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Are you offering just shared hosting or VPS?

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

[scratch my answer. I don't see mention of the VPS anymore and the dedicated page is a 404.]

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Farms isn't offering, he's recommending.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by andrewbillits
  • Latest reply from andrea_r