The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Feedwordpress etc for MU (5 posts)

1. jdcoffman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Has anyone managed to get a plug-in like this going? I'd like to start a blog network relating to a specific niche and I would like to feed content between my network sites with information and articles that I write.

I currently use feedwordpress in my current blog.

I think this would be a tough plugin to port because there is no specific directory for each blog in MU

any ideas or suggestions?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

That would be a massive DB query! LOL

Have you considered an alternative, perhaps?

It would take a little work, but you could do something
    like pull in the RSS feed from your main site, and display
    it on the other site. There's several ways to do this.

3. jdcoffman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, here's what i'm doing. I'm entering a custom feed for each blog right now as each blog has it's own unique content from my feed engine... but I'd like for people to be able to register once to get access to comment/etc on each of the blogs in my network.

this is where the problem happens. I've tried using feedwordpress but it updates by going to a url "update-feeds.php" which in mu... are all virtual directories so you can't just visit or cron that url to pull the update...

know what I mean?

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

So something like a site-wide RSS feed for post and comments?

5. Trent
    Posted 17 years ago #

If nothing else, you could just have a normal WP install that uses feedwordpress and then keep placing the RSS feeds in your links section of each blog to get entries.

I don't have it working this way, but doesn't this plugin support having blogs pinging it and those entries get added? It was either that one or wp-autoblog

Check through the docs (readme) on feedwordpress and see if it has that feature. Pings server and posts get added. I have one (private site) that pulls entries from 8 of my sites so I have comments in one place and searching capabilities, so I know kind of what you want. (I think)

Trent

About this Topic