The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugin: Menu Management (19 posts)

1. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

As discussed and initially tested in this thread, this is the Menu Management Plugin.

With successful alpha testing complete, this plugin is now labeled as version 1.0 and now available for download. (It's out of testing, so I'm splitting the OT)

Menu Management Plugin 1.0

2. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just wanted to thank Lunabyte for the work put into this plugin. Its fully functional, easy to use and extremely handy. No self respecting MU admin should be without it :)

Thanks Lunabyte.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

You're welcome. ;)

4. JMF
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hey, lunabyte! I've got a quick question, if you're around: I'm using Menu Management with the latest WPMU release, and PHP 5.2.2. I just noticed that I can't add any additional Menu widgets to the sidebar -- one is all I get. Other widgets seem to multiply just fine. Can you suggest something I should look at by way of debugging, perhaps?

Thanks!

5. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's probably something in the widget specific code.
    I've noticed it myself, being on 5.2.3, and it's on my list to get fixed up.

The downside is that most of my time over the next month or two is paid for, which is leaving me very little personal time for anything else at all.

6. JMF
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ah, ok. I'll just wait it out then. :) Thanks!

7. mrjcleaver
    Posted 16 years ago #

How about listing it on wpmudev.org?

Thanks,
    M.

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

How about I'll do whatever I'd like with it?

Thanks.

9. cfacer
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have a problem with the formatting of the main menu. For some reason the links are being displayed as if the current page has been selected (ie they should be blue text w/ grey background, but they are showing up as grey texkt w/ a white background) this is true for all except the "Home" link.

It might be of interest to someone that I removed a few lines of code from my template's "header.php" file and replace them with the code from the menu management plugin. Let me explain ..

I took out this:

<div id="nav">
    <ul class="nav">
    <li class="first"><a href="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>">Home</a></li>
    <?php wp_list_pages('title_li='); ?>
    </ul>
    </div>

And replaced it with this:

<div id="nav">
    <ul class="nav">
    <li class="first"><a href="<?php wg_get_menu('Top Menu', 0, 1); ?><a></a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>

I hope someone can help me with this ...

-Carl

10. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

That's pretty much the case. It's meant as a replacement, if you'd like, or as a widget, etc.

However, the menu is its own call, and not part of an anchor tag.

Initially, try this:

<div id="nav">
    <ul class="nav">
    <?php wg_get_menu('Top Menu', 0, 1); ?>
    </ul>
    </div>

I can't remember off the top of my head if it includes the actual open/close of the list or not. I can look back at it in a bit, but you can quickly view your source to tweak it, and remove the opening/closing unordered list tag if need be.

11. cfacer
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hmm, now it getting weird.

Let's say I have 4 pages and only 3 menus at the top (as intended at this point). The pages are:

1) Welcome to ...
    2) About Us
    3) History <- Child of "About Us"
    4) Our Gear <- Child of "About Us"

And the links I have at the top of the page are:

Home - About Us - History

I have left the navigation widget on the right side of the page so I can have direct access to all four pages while messing around with the top menu. If I click on the "Home" link, all of the links show up as if you were looking at the current page (ie grey type w/ white bg). If you clink on the next link (About Us), the "Home" link now shows up correctly (ie blue type w/ grey bg). Same thing happens when you click on the "History" link (both "Home" and "About Us" are displayed correctly.

Now, if you actually click on the right navigation panel for the "Our Gear" page, all of the top menu links are displayed correctly. Weird, eh?

My thought is that there is something in the code that either auto increments or counts, but it's not working correctly. Excuse my inability to dive into the code, but I'm working on this in tandem with my regular duties at work (and I sent the laptop out yesterday for repair).

@lunabyte - If you need access to the site, let me know and I can give you the address as well as the .htaccess password to look at it. (I have it locked from public view and search engines as it is being developed to possibly replace an existing (albeit, archaic) website.

Thanks again for your prompt response!!

-Carl

12. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sure, I'll take a look when I can. Might be a day or two, my schedule is pretty packed. Feel free to contact me through my site, and I'll take a look at what its doing/not doing.

13. cfacer
    Posted 16 years ago #

Alrighty, I can do that. I'll drop you my info on your contact form.

14. wild26
    Posted 16 years ago #

I installed and activated the Menu Management Plugin in the plugins folder (not mu-plugins) on my mu.wordpress site at http://mybikeblog.net, but when I try to add a menu item, that screen is blank. I can only select "child link of" and that's it. Did I miss something obvious here? (Also, I attempted to post this comment on the thunder lizard site, but it will not accept the comment, keeps insisting I've typed the confirmation text wrong.)

15. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Depending on your version, it might be broke.

I'm not actively supporting the plugin at the moment, as I just don't have the time.

I haven't received any reports of that happening though. You do have a group, right?

16. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

Does this plug in help for a default blogroll?

17. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

lol...

18. MazZziKa
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any Update to be compatible with the new version

19. enseignement
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any news or another plugin that does the same ?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by lunabyte
  • Latest reply from enseignement