The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Extra translation doesn't show up (5 posts)

1. qza
    Posted 17 years ago #

I translated WPMU 1.0 using poedit and uploaded .mo file to server, and translation shows fine. But when I add translation of some plugins and themes, new translations didn't show up. What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

2. qza
    Posted 17 years ago #

When I look into the code, corresponding lines look like below:

<?php /* Comments */ comments_popup_link('0 <span>'.__('Comments','k2_domain').'</span>', '1 <span>'.__('Comment','k2_domain').'</span>', '% <span>'.__('Comments','k2_domain').'</span>', 'commentslink', '<span class="commentslink">'.__('Closed','k2_domain').'</span>'); ?>

Here, in __('Comment','k2_domain') , what is k2 domain? Maybe is it causing error?

3. qrof
    Posted 17 years ago #

k2_domain would be the plugin domain which holds its translations. You need to put it in the same directory as the php file that uses it.

For example:
    Spam Karma 2 uses sk2 domain, if I want to use slovenian translation, I need to put sk2-sl_SI.mo in the same folder as the plugin.

4. qza
    Posted 17 years ago #

That solved it. Thank you very very much :)

5. qza
    Posted 17 years ago #

In case of theme, you don't have to include domain in the .mo file name. For example, for slovenian translation, use sl_Sl.mo and drop it in the theme folder.

http://boren.nu/archives/2004/11/01/localizing-plugins-and-themes/

About this Topic