The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

From 0.29 to 14.59 seconds! (6 posts)

1. fuocorav
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

I reinstalled WPMU, since the previous installation went very slow with a few blogs, and it loaded very fast. I deleted the db and created new db, user and password for WMPU database.

I was relieved that it loaded very fast, but later when I simply created a post, it took a while.

It must be due to incomplete mysql installation? I have no idea why it took too long to load the pages.

It's depressing because it looked great at first, but it got worse as new posts/blogs were added.

Running on Windows Server 2003 and XAMPP version 1.5

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is it live or is it local? I find my local copy (on Windows) is just sloooooow in general. But that's more due to the box it's on.

3. fuocorav
    Posted 17 years ago #

4. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

it is running extremely slowly. I've been experiencing the same hassle to tell you the truth.

Are you running nightly or MU 1.0?

5. fuocorav
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just MU 1.0. I wonder why? I am afraid that it's my knowledge that hinders the speed of WPMU. I suspect it has something to do with mysql connections, perhaps?

I'm trying hard to get WPMU to be successful so it will contribute to Deaf school where I worked. It would be cool for each department to have its own blog so I can blend all blogs into one school website (blog). That's my goal.

6. mypatricks
    Posted 17 years ago #

try to ping your site(the connection un-stable)and block all robots.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by fuocorav
  • Latest reply from mypatricks