The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

imagemanager button disappeared all of a sudden (15 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

hello ppl,

I have an extremely urgent problem:

a sub-blog of mine, which really "depends" on the imagemanager plugin, is all of a sudden missing the button for the imagemanager plugin.

I use the rte, which is needed on this blog.

I had this issue when first adding zeug's an-archos media player but I sorted that out wth help from zeug by setting this variable: $wysiwyg = 'true'; inside the config of the media player. this made my imagemanager plugi nappear again.

but now it just disappeared. to be honest I did add some plugins since it last worked but I am unsure which ones.

Please take this as a really urgent matter, I depend on it so any ideas what to do and what to test are welcome.

###edit###

I noticed something else that might be related to this problem: only 2 of the 3 buttons (I think its 3) of zeugs plugin do display, I remembe rthem being 3 - right?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"but now it just disappeared. to be honest I did add some plugins since it last worked but I am unsure which ones."

Well, you may have to figure it out. 99% of the cause of stuff like this is other plugins.

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I know, I know,

I mean I did not add any plugin that adds buttons...

i.e. I remember adding a plugin called: my page order, well that just orders pages... seems not related, I know, I just need some info for what to look, I mean can I exclude plugins that just add functionality like this category order from my list of suspects or not?

###edit###
    another change I remember was editing the king_framework to work from the mu-plugins folder and changing all king widgets to look in mu-plugins instead of plugins folder for the framework, surely this could not affect my buttons? (mind you there is a question mark ;-)

4. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ovidiu did you upgrade to the latest nightly or otherwise load any plugins that alter the version of TinyMCE that comes bundled with MU?

I remember losing the Image Manager button when I moved to the latest nightly, because ButtonSnap is broken in TinyMCE 2.0.8, which is in the latest nightlies.

To fix it you might try downloading the TinyMCE package that comes bundled with 1.0 and overwriting the files.

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I did not upgrade and regarding plugins I did not load plugins (knowingly) that alter tinymce...

I just tried copying tinymce over from 1.0 but no changes

6. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Silly question but have you tried to resubmit the imagemanager settings ? To see if that recreates the buttons.

I can't help much as i'm now on nightly and as stated the buttonmapper doesn't work with 2.1 :(

7. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

dizzy, have you tried reverting to the tinyMCE version bundled in 1.0? If you do could you tell me how that works for you? The upgrades to 2.0.8 from 2.0.7 don't seem compelling enough to me to sacrifice ButtonSnap compatibity, but I do want to see whether I could do an upgrade to nightly and leave TinyMCE alone.

8. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Suleiman contacted you via your blogs contact form to ask you to send me your \themes\advanced\editor_template.js and i'll revert it and see if it fixes the issue.

9. PerS
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm working on a fix for WordPress 2.1 / MU. This ticket address the problem: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3563 but the target is WP 2.2, so I'll have to write a hack for WP2.1/MU

10. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

*wakes up*

Has someone ported imagemanager to MU yet ??

Ovidiu, did you check Firefox's javascript console for errors ? i'd advice strongly against using buttonsnap. It's almost as easy to just write a tiny mce plugin, and buttonsnap often creates a lot of trouble.

11. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

Has someone ported imagemanager to MU yet ??

well, there were some posts around here, describing how to change the variables where you can tell imagemanager where to save the blogs files, so after changing that it works just fine, but only from the plugins folder as far as I know.

12. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I fixed it :-))))

after extensive support by zeug himself by mail, he even sent me older version of an-archy media player by mail to try if those would restore my button, I realized I had nothing to lose and teste the latest beta for wpmu available on his site, enabled this variable: $wysiwyg = 'true'; in the config file and voila! here are all my buttons restored back to where I am used to them ;-)

13. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Care to share a link ?

14. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://an-archos.com/wp-content/uploads/File/beta/anarchy-media-wpmu.zip

this is the version that shows my imagemanager link again, if I change $wysiwyg = 'true'; (it was false by default)

15. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ah i thought you was talking about the imagemanager plugin not the anarchy media plugin :) My bad i really should learn to read.

I don't use this plugin.

About this Topic