The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sitewide Feed + Nightly (37 posts)

1. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Meaning you can see your feeds in the dashboard without going through feedburner?

I know I linked the tickets but I would like to be sure. I haven't tried it yet although I probably should.

2. topherrosado
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes. Although one new (as in from the past few minutes) post on a demo blog hasn't shown up yet, but I'm waiting to see if it'll appear soon.

3. topherrosado
    Posted 17 years ago #

Okay, I may have spoken too soon.

The posts are displaying on the dashboard, but only the ones that had been posted before I switched back from the feedburner feed. I changed the feed in my RSS widget back /to/ the feedburner one, and it's showing the new post, whereas the dashboard (with the sitefeed) is not.

Drats... looks like it's back to feedburner. But at least something /is/ getting displayed this time. :)

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Do remember though that the sitewide feed is cached.

5. topherrosado
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, which is why I waited for a while (and I've got the cache set to expire after 5 minutes for testing purposes) before reposting.

I've also just edited index-extra.php to put the feedburner feeds back into it, then I refreshed the dashboard --before saving the file-- and the new post was not showing up. I then saved the file and immediately did a refresh, and the post appeared.

The patch is displaying the previous posts, but not updating it. Probably an issue with the cache?

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

That would probably be the best bet. I know we've opened a ticket about the cache not working correctly. You might be hitting that.

7. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

hmmm....my feeds aren't updating (local one's at least, feedburner is working fine)

And i'm running 1.1.1, which is supposed to have this fixed isn't it?

EDIT: Silly me. Running on my mac for so long is truly starting to have its impact on me. Instead of putting "http://url.to.feed/" I had "feed://url.to.feed/"

lol...now if only i could get those 4 hours of lost sleep back!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by topherrosado
  • Latest reply from suleiman