The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to forcely display limited number of post per page? (5 posts)

1. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi, I like to set all themes to show only 2 posts per page. How can I set it so that this cannot be modified by bloggers?

2. conpeo
    Posted 17 years ago #

hi Cruz, hope this help you.
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3120&replies=3

I have try to upgrade all, but I check their blog option, still in 10 posts per page, and theme Index show not correct for page count.
    I hope the Mu1.1 will fix this.

3. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thank you Conpeo, checking it out!

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Either that or define it in the wp-admin/upgrade-schema.php file and remove the option to change it from the options page on the admin.

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Kinda on par with this, I noticed something very peculiar when changing the # of posts per page.

So I'm tinkering around on a local test setup, and I changed the # of posts per page from 10 to 5 while playing with a layout.

What is funny, and I haven't tracked it down (this is an observation, not a question), is that when it changed it to 5 it produced 10 additional queries. Changing it back to 10 took the 10 additional queries away. Very odd indeed.

Of course this is "as reported" with the number of queries in the footer.

Quite interesting why it would add 10 additional queries for it. I'd think it would only be using the setting to place a limit on the results.

About this Topic