The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

query over all tables? (4 posts)

1. thomask
    Posted 17 years ago #

I need to run query over all tables - is there any way how to do it or the only way is to loop (so very difficult for resources)

Or maybe a differnt question - i want to have a special "post" table, where all MU users could post, but they would be allowed to edit only their posts and posts of the others from the same blog. Is this somehow possible?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Possible? Yes.

Require a lot of coding and experience to pull off? Yes.

Eat up a ton of resources and not something you'd want to do on a shared host? Pretty much.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Take a look at the WPMu Feed plugin. It builds a single array of all of the posts across all of the blogs.

4. ColinFilmJournal
    Posted 17 years ago #

If you have MySQL 5 then you may be able to do some sort of UNION statement, but as lunabyte says, it'd eat too many resources on anything that has more than a few blogs.

The other option (if you have a dedicated server) would be to run a scheduled job that pulls everything you want into one table ever x minutes or hours - this would mean you have an easily searchable central table but I guess that might not be what you're after.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by thomask
  • Latest reply from ColinFilmJournal