The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

nightly vs v1.0 (16 posts)

1. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Greets:

Is the download from the download page the nightly or is it just the milestone when v1.0 hit?

Thanks,
    -drmike

2. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thats the milestone v1.0. I get mine from trac, seems pretty stable.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

I grabbed the nightly on the 18th. It's quite nice.
    Default queries were cut in half on average, which is nice, and some other updates stabilization stuff. Haven't munched on it to too much depth yet, but Donncha's definitely put a lot into it since the "official" 1.0 download.

Heck, just check trac. There's only about 20 open tickets at the moment, give or take. There's been a lot fixed in the past few weeks.

4. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm very happy with it myself. Its very stable and as you say, queries have been reduced too. And it has a few additions i like and some pretty major bug fixes.

Its far more stable in my mind that V1.0 milestone.

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

I did notice, by accident, that the crutch (or visual editor if you prefer) didn't load and the css was kinda hosed on it, but I don't use the thing anyway so it isn't an issue at this point for me since I'm just playing with the nightly builds at the moment.

Other than that, which I could care less about and didn't even track down, I'll agree at this point Diz that it is definitely more stable than 1.0 is. Not that I'd ever "recommend" a nightly as an upgrade to a production site, but that's more cya than anything.

6. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Interesting you didn't get the WYSIWYG editor running as that functioned straight out of the box for me and i didn't have any CSS issues. Maybe a slightly corrupt upload ?

In fact i now have imagemanager working with it happily after replacing one of the editor files with an older version to allow the button to show. So i'm pretty happy :)

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

But is the download on the download page the nightly or should we be getting it from Donnch'a old page? (Which is where I got my last copy)

8. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

The download here is the v1.0 milestone, you can grab a nightly from Doncha's old page or use SVN and grab the trac (i used the latter).

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm not set up to grab trac/ SVN. Too many of my local files have been changed.

You youngsters today with your IDods and your NP4's and your track. Back in my day, we walked 5 miles through the lava and the.... :)

Thnaks,
    -drmike

10. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

hehehe :)

11. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

dizzy, just to be sure, did the image manager plugin work after I sent you my editor_template.js file? Or were there other cahnges needed?

Also, I have no clue how to download an entire MU install from trac, only how to download files independently. I'll scour the forums too, but if anyone has any quick tips that'd be great.

Thanks!

12. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi suleiman

I never got a reply from you via email so never could try your file i'm afraid. Please do send it again if you can to the email address i sent to you. I really don't want to publish me email address here. Failing that give me somewhere here to download that one file and i'll check it for you.

What i did do was replace the 2.08 one with the old 2.0 from V1.0 release here and that functioned well, and yes the button showed up and the plugin worked as expected. But theres quite a few new additions and changes to that file so i'm not entirely happy about running it as is and would prefer just a version of the file that was just below the one trac. I don't mind being slightly out of date but that one from V1.0 release is a long way away from the V2.08 one :)

As regards grabbing the entire trac and keeping up to date then get SVN installed.

I use http://tortoisesvn.net/ which works perfectly on Windows platforms. Helps you keep up to date easily.

Theres svn clients for linux too if thats whats needed but i have yet to check them.

13. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

It was pretty strange with the crutch, Diz. Like I said though, I could care less since it's just for testing at the moment. I'd probably make sure it was OK before using it in a production environment, but to be honest the non-crutch is easy enough that a caveman could do it. To me, it's useless eye candy, but I guess some out there would probably want to use it. Although I do turn it off by default for new accounts.

14. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

For me its a must lunabyte as the clients i aim to target are complete novices that only know basic word processing. TinyMCE gives them the benefits that they know how to use it from the get go, thus cutting down the learning curve considerably.

Weird you had problems though as i've installed that on two systems and both performed the same.

15. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah, but I think your nightly is a few days in front of the one I grabbed. Hard to tell with a nightly, something could be in the middle of being worked on, etc.

16. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ah yes its possible.

About this Topic