The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU (7 posts)

1. sawhney89
    Posted 17 years ago #

A WP is currently setup on my newspaper website. However if I install WPMU on a subdomain such as WPMU.example.com, can my editors go there and create their own subdomain blogs without messing up the orginal WP on the main directory?

2. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm not sure if WPMU would work from a sub domain but if it did i suspect that you'd have to use folders than sub domain blogs.

So instead of myblog.mysubdomain.mymaindomain.com which is a mouthful anyway it would be mysubdomain.mymaindomain.com/myblog

But no it wouldn't effect the standalone wordpress blog as they are separate systems.

But i'm really not sure if it would run from a subdomain as its primary root at all. Best bet is to try it.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually, I have a site with that set-up running fine. WP isn't in the root, another program is (for now), but I stuck the primary MU site on a subdomain then made a few minor modifications to keep user sites on the same level subdomain.

4. sawhney89
    Posted 17 years ago #

What were your minor modifications? Lunabyte can I talk to you through AIM,MSN,or EMAIL?

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry, but I was just letting you know it's possible.

6. sawhney89
    Posted 17 years ago #

Can we still chat through AIM, MSN, or EMAIL? I have a few quick questions.

7. sawhney89
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am a senior in high school and helping to run a non-profit newspaper organization. The previous editor who set-up WP on the root directory left the team and I do not want to screw it up. That is why I need help installing WPMU on a subdirectory and linking them to blogs such as blog.mydomain.com. I am willing to pay the little amount of money we make each year to get this set-up ASAP. I have limited knowledge of programming and each time I attempted to set it up, I messed everything up.

I am willing to pay and hopefully I can get a discount. We are a non-profit high school newspaper and are not looking to seek revenue on this project.

Thanks,
    Sawhney89

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by sawhney89
  • Latest reply from sawhney89