The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress MU Multi- Language, who has got it working? (5 posts)

1. grooveys
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am currently running the latest stable version of wordpress mu with the gengo plugin (http://jamietalbot.com/wp-hacks/gengo/)

The backend translation is fine (this is after allot of sql syntax hacking), but I am unable to get any language pages to display. They seem to assign correctly, but the end result is an empty blog. Maybe im doing something wrong? But ive followed the necessary reading precisely.

I was after something similar to the wordpress.com site, with the drop down translations? I need to add my own custom pages, as i don’t want all of the text to be machine translated - but I understand that is possible as well?

I have been thinking about jumping onto separate wordpress mu instances, to keep languages separate but that seems messy and against most of the reasoning for MU!

any help would be much appreciated i have a deadline to hit!! :)

G

p.s. I have another issue with a my blogs being SLOW, im running the db on another box… I will save that for another day…

2. jshare
    Posted 17 years ago #

grooveys, thanks for the plugin link. I'm also interested in how to get this working with WPMU.

Jacob

3. RavanH
    Posted 16 years ago #

old thread, new development... see http://code.google.com/p/gengo-wp23/downloads/list

4. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi
    Is anyone running this, or can anyone recommend a plugin that will allow a user to enter multiple versions of a post/page each in a different language and the reader can then change between them.

Hopefully someones expert knowledge will save me from having to hack something together myself.

5. MazZziKa
    Posted 15 years ago #

gengo is the best one i found .. it have a little problem that in ACP Non english letter appear ????? .. but in frontend appear normally

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by grooveys
  • Latest reply from MazZziKa