The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

A suggestion for the List All plugin (15 posts)

1. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Greets:

I've bene meaning to mention this for a while but I've had a small issue with Andrew's List All plugin from over at wpmudev.org and I'm now fixing it.

It's lists blogs marked as spam or deleted or mature. That's not a good thing.

Open up the list-all plugin (I've renamed mine so I can't remember what's it called) and head down to the bottom of the file. Yo should see a like like so:

$blog_list = $wpdb->get_results( "SELECT blog_id, last_updated FROM " . $wpdb->blogs. " WHERE public = '1' " . $order . " " . $limit . "", ARRAY_A );

See that "public = '1'"? Change it to the following:

public = '1' AND archived = '0' AND mature = '0' AND spam = '0' AND deleted ='0'

Last time I looked, all I had were spam blogs that I had marked on my home page. That's not a good thing.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

i'll update the plugin later today so you guys don't have to manually apply the patch.

The plugin was created before there was even an option to mark a blog as spam if that gives anyone an idea of how old it actually is.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually I could have sworn that we had covered this a few months back.

Not a biggie. :)

4. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

We may have. :(

My "todo" list has literally been over two pages long since last October. Not to mention that a local company I work with now wants all 250 of their computers upgraded to Vista (I have yet to figure out why).

5. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

All done.

I also ran into the bug that someone reported a week ago and fixed it as well.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"a local company I work with now wants all 250 of their computers upgraded to Vista "

Oh Andrew, you have my condolences. :(

We are dumping Windoze on all pcs we own as soon as we can, becasue we sure as heck are not upgrading to *that*.

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Get a Mac. ;)

8. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've been running XP Pro on my desktops (CentOS/Fedora for the servers) for the last few years and I can't decide whether I want to switch to Linux or get macs. I'm used to both so it's really a tossup.

I've never been a big fan of Apple due to the prices of their hardware but my job requires software that only runs on OSX or Windows...

I've been praying that Apple would release OSX for generic hardware since they switched to intel but i've all but lost hope on that one.

Not that i'm saying OSX is much (lotta hype there too) better than windows but if you put them on a scale...

9. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Heh, we're headed for Linux. (Hubby is a unix geek too.) I did drool over the mac prettiness lately though, but holy price tag.

10. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm waiting for Apple to release OS X 10.5 in March. I'm thinking they may drop the prices a few hundred to try and lure the anti-vista crowd. If not, linux here I come. I can always dual boot XP for the office.

11. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, it's worth it. :D

You're hubbs would have a blast since it's *nix at the heart.

Granted the initial price is more, but total overall cost of ownership is much lower. ;)

OS X has been as faithful as my Ruger. And just like the Ruger, you can have my OS when you can pry it out of my cold, dead hands. :D

12. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

lunabyte,

you seem to know a bit about macs and I can never get a straight answer about a few things.

Compared to a Windows, how much RAM do you need to run smoothly? For instance I have had to upgrade my Dell notebook running XP Pro to 2GBs in order for it to run smooth enough to run several applications at once?

Also, Should I be aiming for the fastest processor with OS X or will 2.0Ghz do just fine?

13. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

To keep from hijacking the thread, I sent you a note instead.

14. JohnWeb
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks Drmike, noticed this the need for this just this morning after a mass script sign-up (should have had that captcha on earlier!) works great.

15. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not a problem.

Just realized that you may want to do this for the WPMu-feed plugin as well.

About this Topic