The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress Codex! clone ? (8 posts)

1. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is there anything like the wordpress Codex! as a plugin i can install to make my help files easier for members to navigate.

I could manually link everything but its going to be a huge pain in maintainance upkeep.

Anyone any suggestions ?

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Honest answer - I'm planning on installing a mediawiki install up at codex.daria.be.

Or you could just do it on the Pages of your main blog if you're not using them for anything else.

3. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes i may be forced to enter that route.

I'm not overly keen on wiki's if the truth be known as i find them hard to navigate.

I could organise them as pages but keeping them linked and uptodate would be a nightmare.

In Drupal its quite simple to do by using the books module, specific for this type of thing and i assumed wordpress would have some plugin somewhere that offered something similiar. I'll continue to look as i really would like a comprehensive help section for my members thats easy to navigate and above all easy to maintain.

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Then do what I'm planning and just make Pages on your main blog. :)

Make one top level page and everything else detailed under that.

5. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes thats what i'll likely do. BUt i was hoping for something a little easier to handle. But i guess its down to manually adding pages and sub pages.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I didn't want to say anything because it might take me ages, but I'm working on a Help File plugin. :)

7. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Great Andrea we really could use one.

I wonder if we should all work on a more indepth help file specific perhaps to MU that we could all include on our systems for our users. Themes and plugins aside, most of us will be offering very similiar if not identical environments so could share all this under creative commons.

Wordpress itself has documents to get you started but their a little dated or not as indepth as i would like. These are under creative commons or opengpl so we can take those as a base which is my intent.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, we also have http://www.wpmuwiki.org/ - needs many contributions.

yes, I plan to add my help file stuff to the wiki.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by dizzy99
  • Latest reply from andrea_r