The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

found a new avatar thingy plugin (5 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

hi there,

I just wanted to share this: http://scott.sherrillmix.com/blog/blogger/wp_monsterid/

btw. I have not tried it yet with wpmu, although I mailed the author of comvatars to check if he could include support for this too - I know he is currently working on a new release of his plugin.

2. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

by far and away the biggest issue plauging my MU install is a lack of a user-defined image across all blogs.

I'm trying to tackle this problem myself, with a hodge-podge of plugins from different authors.

BTW, does anybody know what hook comvatars uses when it tacks on to comments?

3. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

Here's the lot in comvatars.php

add_action('comment_post', 'update_comment_favicon');
    add_action('trackback_post', 'update_comment_favicon');
    add_action('pingback_post', 'update_comment_favicon');
    add_filter('the_content', 'replace_html_comvatar_tag');
    add_filter('get_comment_author_link', 'get_default_class_image');
    add_filter('comment_author', 'get_default_class_image');
    add_action('comment_form', 'show_registration_manager_link');
    add_action('admin_menu', 'add_admin_page');
    add_action('admin_head', 'add_admin_css_style');
    add_action('wp_head', 'add_wp_css_style');

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

well I found comvatars to be the best until now as it includes support for gravatars too so if one plugin incorporates the others too, this looks best to me

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

The comvatar plugin seems to work fine without any issues with WPMu. I know I have it in there as a regular plugin that has to be activated by the end user.

I'd rather leave it that way because there was a small backlash against the inability to not have them over in wp.com.

About this Topic