The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Paged Themes (6 posts)

1. acavella
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am sorry if I missed this, but I have been looking around and found nothing of the sort. Anyone know a 'simple' way to make the Themes page in admin display paged.

I have 97 themes setup for my WPMU and plan on getting around 250ish. It is pretty hard for myself, let alone my users, to navigate through the mile long page of theme thumbnails.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Folks have been wishing that over in wp.org land for years...

Aside: I do hope that you're checking your themes for support and not just dropping them in there. I've come across hidden links, weird javascripts, and lots of other strangeness in some themes let alone ones that flat out didn't work. Please also remember that if your charging in any way for support, you can't be using any theme that has restrictions on their use. A lot of themes are licenced for non-commerial use only.

3. acavella
    Posted 17 years ago #

No, completely free. I have been checking them. I dropped about 150 in my themes directory like an idiot. It took me two days to go through each one and now I'm down to 97 working themes.

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

here is a link to a forum post, expöaining a hack that does something similar to what yo uasked for :-)

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=2852&replies=13#post-17163

I amd severall others have implemented this hack and it works beautiful.

5. acavella
    Posted 17 years ago #

Excellent, thanks Ovidiu. Sounds like an excellent alternative.

I am bad at search the forums I guess. I keep posting stuff that has already been fixed/implemented.

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Don't feel bad. Even I didn't know about it. I was off busy bellringing for the Salvation Army at the time.

We hack together anyting else while I was gone?

About this Topic