The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How do u make iPodcatter work on wordpress mu? (4 posts)

1. bobbydrake
    Posted 17 years ago #

I installed iPodcatter on my Wordpress mu, but whenever i try to publish a post with an iTunes:keywords tag and a duration tag it gives me this error message.

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE meta_key = 'itunes:explicit' AND post_id = '17'' at line 1]
    SELECT meta_value FROM WHERE meta_key = 'itunes:explicit' AND post_id = '17'

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE meta_key = 'itunes:block' AND post_id = '17'' at line 1]
    SELECT meta_value FROM WHERE meta_key = 'itunes:block' AND post_id = '17'

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE meta_key = 'itunes:duration' AND post_id = '17'' at line 1]
    SELECT meta_value FROM WHERE meta_key = 'itunes:duration' AND post_id = '17'

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(post_id, meta_key, meta_value) VALUES ('17','itunes:duration','00:17:14')' at line 1]
    INSERT INTO (post_id, meta_key, meta_value) VALUES ('17','itunes:duration','00:17:14')

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE meta_key = 'itunes:keywords' AND post_id = '17'' at line 1]
    SELECT meta_value FROM WHERE meta_key = 'itunes:keywords' AND post_id = '17'

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(post_id, meta_key, meta_value) VALUES ('17','itunes:keywords','educational')' at line 1]
    INSERT INTO (post_id, meta_key, meta_value) VALUES ('17','itunes:keywords','educational')

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/gthomas/wp-includes/wp-db.php:111) in /usr/www/users/gthomas/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 281

2. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

I haven't tried ipodcatter on Mu, and it's of limited use anyways. If you can't get it working you can always just register your sitewide feed or any individual blog feed with Feedburner as a podcast feed then register that with the iTunes store.

3. welswebmaster
    Posted 16 years ago #

I too am trying to get iTunes type meta data into my podcast mp3 on my wpmu blog. I am using Feedburner as you suggest, however the only item that does not appear is "duration". My Wordpress enclosure shows the length in bytes, which is stated in the RSS xml this way:
    enclosure url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Welstech/~5/221690814/welstech-podcast-1-23-08.mp3" length="40002548" type="audio/mpeg"

However, I need it to be part of the iTunes tag like this...

iTunes example: itunes:duration 7:04 within itunes item tags

Without this, my "Time" on iTunes is blank.

How can I tell my Wordpress post the new duration time for each podcast episode?

Feedburner's Smartcast does not give me this item option. I am using the AMP Anarchos media player plugin - which does not have this option either.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think some people have had success with podpress.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by bobbydrake
  • Latest reply from andrea_r