The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Closing to new users (4 posts)

1. wog
    Posted 17 years ago #

how to close my wordpress-mu to new members. in fact i mean i just want to make my friends have blogs. and also i want everybody to have only 1 blog. how to do this?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Luna is pointing out that this has been discussed many times in the past and is a topic that should be searched for instead of just asking yet again. Please remember that you're basically a system administrator now when you run server level software and using the tools provided is a requirement of doing so. Handholding if frowned upon.

Best bet would be to delete any references and links to the wp-register.php and wp-signup.php pages, either delete or rename those pages so that they can't be found, (I'd go with rename as you may want to reopen the service later on) and even put die() functions with those pages so no one can go ahead and make their own account in case they come across them.

I think we had some other ideas as well but you should be able to find them if you search.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

4. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

I found the easiest way was to use the "Limited Email Registrations" option in the site admin panel. Just enter your own domain name there and then you will be the only one able to register new blogs.

About this Topic