The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

blogger.com's the latest post (14 posts)

1. emra
    Posted 17 years ago #

hi dear wp-mu friends... how can i show the latest blog post in my site like blogger.com ... i know the normal ways but i want to add this style...

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Afraid I don't have any idea what specifically you're talking about. Can you give an actual example please? Are you talking about a list of lastest posts from around your wpmu site? Just having the latest post on your home page?

3. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

emra, you're going to get a little javascripty for that kind of effect.

drmike, he wants some pinazz to the latest posts display, ala blogates.com

4. emra
    Posted 17 years ago #

yes i want this javascript on blogates.com... can you give me it?

5. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

lol..you'd have to ask mypatricks for that, he's the host of that site.

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I would be interested too as I was thinking about having someone make a banner for me (maybe flash?) that pulls out the latest posts for a certain site I want to advertise on another site.... and this script could be a starting point :-)

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

There are plenty of scripts out there now to do this. I've got it on 2 of my sites, and it scrolls through the last 10 posts across the site.

8. emra
    Posted 17 years ago #

? where is my javascript code?

9. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

It's called Google, maybe you've heard of it?

http://google.com/

10. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I believe it was suggested that you contact the site in question. We can't give it to you since it's not ours to give away.

Javascripts load within your browser anyway. You should have it in your browser cache too.

11. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

lol@where's my javascript code...

12. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah. I wasn't quite correct in pointing to Google. I should have pointed to where their head was, which wasn't on their shoulders...

13. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm doing something simular to that and wp.com on my WPMu install. I'm using the fetch_rss function, much like how the wp-admin/index.php page works.

It does go away though after a bit. I need to work out a method to load it into a database to save it.

14. fawe
    Posted 17 years ago #

About this Topic