The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Cant Login After Install (8 posts)

1. sgtbenc
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't know why, but I cannot login, no matter what user I try. I always get this same error back:
    Your session has expired.
    Error: Incorrect password.

My password is deffinitely right. I use the one I get right after I install. Also, I made a test account and tried with the password it gave me. Same message.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not enough details to help.
    What's your setup like?

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Browser, browser version, security settings, cookie settinbgs OS, etc. Stuff like that.

4. sgtbenc
    Posted 17 years ago #

Firefox 2.0.0.1, cookies are fine for everything else I have ever done and do. Windows MCE 2005. Anything else?

5. JohnWeb
    Posted 17 years ago #

Did you set up the account with a capital letter in the nickname or login? That seems to cause problems, you can reset the password and still not log in.

6. sgtbenc
    Posted 17 years ago #

No. It's the admin account that is automatically setup for me when I install MU. It works fine with IE. But every login I've ever used or currently use works! It doesn't make sense. Is there something in the code that doesn't work in FF but does in IE? I know thee are some things that do this.

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I gotta admit that I am at a loss myself on the issue.

8. sgtbenc
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yet another problem with Firefox. I had to clear all my private data (IE: cookies, passwords).

About this Topic